Tuesday, March 6

Petrichor

Tuesday, March 6

Photobucket

Petrichor is the scent of rain on dry earth.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Floral bralet, socks & necklaces, Topshop / Suede skirt, Luscious Cravings / Shades, The Cobra Shop
Bag, This Is Transition / Beanie, Daiso / Suede boots, New Look / Rings, H&M, Topshop, thrifted





Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Could you tell that I was way too excited to wear my bralet out? I just love the floral print so much (I am a sucker anything floral, really)! This simple bralet and suede skirt ensemble somehow suited the drizzly afternoon and the word "petrichor". Added a pop of bright fire engine red to my outfit with my beanie. And don't you just love my eye-catching accessories?

And...I'm not sure if anyone noticed or if I should even mentioned it, but, er yes, my second button got unbuttoned. If you didn't noticed.................. well, now you know.
Photobucket

So, last friday, I met up with the morethanbitesized Liyuan once again. We both actually had very little sleep the night before. I accidentally fell asleep at 10 pm and got up at 12. LY was out or something so, we had a really late skype convo and kept procrastinating on our outfit plans while playing facebook games. In the end, I stayed awake all the way and couldn't fall alseep. Even though school was out for the week, I still had my friday morning class. I already made it a point to go for it so, after rushing to get ready and travelling all the way to school, I found out that my teacher wasn't even there!! I was pretty much zombified by then and I retreated to my studio space and lazed around. My friend Emma happened to be in school at that time so, I ended up having a nice chat with her :)

Photobucket
After a really weird and hectic rush in the morning, we were famished by the time we met later that day and had lunch at Pasta Mania nearby. Once we were done, we conquered the annoying rain and made our way to Oakham Market! We started to regret our choices of shoes (Heck, I started regretting the moment I reached school that morning!) and decided to rest at the cute cafe while waiting for the rain to stop.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
LY ordered tea for herself & a cake for us to share!
There was so many lovely cakes to choose from so, I just mentioned the only one I knew about - which was 'Antoinette'. And it was so delicious ~ Heavenly mango goodness in the middle!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Check out that look of happiness/adoration on my face. I finally got the brooch I have been wanting to get. I always feel this immense amount of joy when I look at this brooch which is now mine. It feels like it's my Best Purchase of 2012. SEE, I TOLD YOU I AM A SUCKER FOR ANYTHING FLORAL!!!!! AND PASTEL! ARGH who wouldn't NOT buy a brooch of a cute man with a flowery beard anyway? I wish it was possible to have this lovely pastel floral pattern for my hair.

Photobucket
Photobucket
And I have said it before, on a blog post somewhere, that I could happily live in this shop for the rest of my life. Every time I see that bumble bee calendar and swan bag (well, and pretty much everything else in that shop), my Inner Shopaholic would hiss, "BUY EEEET, CHERYL". The swan bag is reversible too!! Everything is so lovely but expensive... And I just want to spend all the money I don't have.

Photobucket
Photobucket
And I really love LY's outfit! She looked so cool and sleek - with her velvet pants and Jemma-esque shoes! And what's a LY outfit without her signature denim jacket and beanie? And tsk, I really like taking photos of her. She's so photogenic~
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
LY wears: Denim jacket, FEP / Peace bralet, Topshop / Velvet Pants, Editors Market
DV Jemma inspired, Shopskinned / Mickey mouse shades, Bugis / Beanie, Forever 21

Photobucket
Photobucket

We had quite a lot of plans for that day but in the end, we ended up just sitting at a bench along this sheltered walkway. We took photos and talked about anything and everything. It certainly was a nice and relaxing way to end the day.

Photobucket
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I love both your outfits and OMG I need to figure out how to DIY one of those swan bags!!!

    Kelsey

    www.whentowear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheeee, thank you, Kelsey dearest!!! Glad you like our outfits! And oh my god, I never thought of DIYing the bag!!! Now I really want to learn how to sew properly so I can make the bag myself!!!! EEK!!!!

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love this outfit!!! ur blog is great!! glad i discovered it, now following :)

    come check out mine when u get a chance

    www.justsugacane.com

    Take care:)

    Diana xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much, sweetheart!!! So happy to hear that from you!!
      And sure thing, sweetie, I will definitely check your blog out! :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. this is our first time in your blog and we are loving it!!! both of your styles are amazing!!!
    great blog!! following you!!
    xxxx
    Mitsue & Lay
    http://airedevainilla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind words, Mitsue & Lay!! Thank you for popping by! Glad you like it! :) x

      Delete
  4. cheryll you look so lovely i so love the beanie with your outfit!
    and what a lovely little adventure you guys had i wish i could try that cake it looks so adorable! <3
    jessie x
    the weekend project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, why thank you, Jessie sweetheart!!! Glad you like my outfit! And yes, if you ever come visit (please do!), I will bring you to try this cake! It's awesomeeee!

      Delete
  5. i am taking notes of all the places i hafta visit when i get there next month ^^ lovely lovely blog both of you <3

    v

    www.onefrozenmargarita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh you're coming to singapore next month??? omg this is so rad!!!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous pics! i love the long skirt/crop top look. :)

    http://unstoppablestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you so much, my dear!!! glad you like the bralet+skirt combo!! :) x

      Delete
  7. Your beetle ring is INSANE! I adore bugs. And your floral bralet is gorgeous. I also love that bright red beanie! I wish beanies looked good on me. They just don't work. It's awful, because I think they're the cutest things ever. LY looks impeccable too - I freakin' love her sunglasses! You two look so wonderful, I bet you guys stopped traffic. (;

    **kisses**
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow, i love my beetle ring!! It is so adorable and I love bugs too!! Thank you, I am glad you like the bralet and beanie! And nawww, don't say that!!! I am very sure you look fantastic & very cute with a beanie! I feel like I am the one that looks weird with it! But the beanie trend is starting to grow on to me.. Aww you are way too kind, my dear!! x Have a nice day! :)

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOD .....JUST PERFECT LOVE ALL YOUR LOOKS ...Follow you now

    http://louisphilippedegagoue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE TOO AWESOME, LOUIS!!! THANK YOU DARLING!!!!! ♡♡

      Delete
  9. Can I please raid your wardrobe? Hahha, seriously, I love your outfits so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes you are welcome to raid my closet but I don't have much though! Aw you are tooo kind, Bambi!! ♡♡

      Delete
  10. Hi! just found your blog and loved it. yu have such a great style! happy to be your newest follower! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh oh my goodness, thank you so much for following and for your lovely comment! ♡
      Glad you like my blog!! I am really happy!! ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and making my day! ♡
If you leave any questions, do check back for my reply.